3 cups OG canned black beans (divided)
1 flax “egg”: 1 T. ground flax seed + 3 T. water mixed well & set aside until it gels
1/2 cup GF or OG bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. each: cumin, oregano, garlic powder, turmeric
- Drain and rinse beans. In a food processor pulse 2 cups beans, bread crumbs, onions and carrots until mostly smooth with some chunks.
- Add flax egg and spices and pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add in remaining cup of beans. Combine with hands.
- Shape into 4 evenly sized patties (a large-mouth Mason jar lid and ring work well for this).
- Grill on grill sheet over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve on a GF bun or on a bed of spinach. Top with avocado, tomato & onion slices & favorite burger condiments.