Wholly Alive, Hallelujah! Vegan Health Retreat and B & B
Lake Lure, North Carolina
Plan your getaway to this awesome Vegan Retreat in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains!
Nestled in the magnificent and tranquil Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, North Carolina, Lake Lure is a favorite vacation and retirement destination. Located about 90 miles west of Charlotte, it is central to many outdoor, historic and recreational sites. The Lake Lure Health Retreat takes full advantage of the region’s lake-oriented attractions.
The Koch’s are a multi-talented couple with many interests and experiences they bring to their Health Retreat Center. They often participate in community activities where they can spread the word about living foods through demonstrating methods and providing delectable samples. (See ABOUT US page)
The Vegan Health Retreat at Lake Lure is in the Great Smokey Mountains region, where Americans have flocked by the thousands to build second homes and retirement pads for almost a century. The Retreat is just south of the famous, lovely lake where several feature films have been set, including the Last of the Mohicans and Dirty Dancing.
The Lake Lure and surrounding area is teeming with picturesque and historic attractions including these:
- Just minutes from the Retreat, Chimney Rock State Park offers 1,000 acres of breathtaking views and spectacular NC hiking trails. You’ll love the moderate climate, spectacular scenery and laid back friendliness of the region.
- Located just a few miles from the prestigious Tryon International Equestrian Center which has been selected to host FEI World Equestrian Games 2018.
- George Washington Vanderbilt liked it so much that he built his “little mountain escape,” now known as the magnificent Biltmore Estate and Gardens, near Asheville.
- Asheville is an attraction in itself, with dozens of shops, galleries and music venues, and an enviable list of vegan and vegetarian restaurants and healthy grocery stores. The city of Asheville has recently achieved the enviable distinction of being among the top 20 most visited cities in the world.
- Just up the road from the Retreat at Lake Lure, the Swannanoa Gathering are weeklong workshops in various folk arts, held in July and August on the campus of Warren Wilson College. Cowpens National Battlefield and Kings Mountain National Military Park, both Revolutionary War sites, are in the region.
- Less than 40 minutes west is Flat Rock, summer home of poet Carl Sandburg, the Flat Rock Playhouse and abundant outdoor fun.
- An hour south is Greenville, SC with an array of small city attractions including galleries, museums, and performing arts. For a more complete listing of the many travel destinations in the region, click on westernncattractions.com.
Hosts Tim and Anita Koch open their contemporary six-bedroom home—on seven acres surrounded by Blue Ridge beauty—for you to enjoy. You get sun time on pontoon boat excursions, leisurely walks on country roads and organic produce from the Koches’ bountiful gardens.
We hope to see you at our beautiful health retreat in Lake Lure, North Carolina! The views of the Blue Ridge Mountains are spectacular, the food is lusciously gourmet vegan, and the programs are life-changing! For more information on Hallelujah Diet packages available at our Retreat in Lake Lure, North Carolina – Contact us and make your reservation! Availability is limited!
One-Week Rejuvenation Health Retreat Package $1295
Enjoy one week packed with action and enough information to have you living and enjoying the Hallelujah Lifestyle. By Friday, you’ll feel a world of difference!
- Sunday evening through Friday lunch
- Get more than 200 recipes and 14 menus
- All-inclusive price $1295
Weekend Health Retreat Package $750
Weekend Health Retreat Packages for groups of 8-10 can be prearranged with a group’s coordinator. Thursday, beginning at 4pm through Sunday Brunch. Includes a condensed version of our 5-day program: daily health & nutrition classes, hands-on food and juice preparation, exercise sessions, daily Hallelujah vegan meals, and culminating with a gourmet vegan Sunday brunch.